Given the unique circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic, 28th Pre-Congress of the IAIP had to be postponed to 10.7.2021 and the actual Congress to 11-14.2021!
The key tenet of Individual Psychology that is relevant today is the unity of personality – unity of its mindset, feelings, actions in all of its complex and always social manifestations. Adlerian psychotherapy is based on the conviction that mental health of an individual depends on Social Interest, which is an ability of an individual to activate their Gemeinschaftsgefühl, a feeling of a community, of being the one with the humankind. Healthy individual is the one who who is capable of personal feelings and cognitive assumptions that are socially useful. A healthy individual has a feeling of belonging to a humankind, and acts in a way that is community-oriented and socially useful. Individual Psychology sees a core of psychopathology in underdeveloped communal feeling and lack of Social Interest.
The 28th Congress of International Association of Individual Psychology will provide an opportunity to learn everlasting wisdom of Alfred Adler’s “Individual” Psychology and its approach to understanding human nature, and to discuss the solutions it can offer to healing of new psychopathologies in contemporary societies.
- Hosted: by the Ukrainian Society of Individual Psychology, on behalf of the International Association of Individual Psychology (IAIP).
- Dates: Rescheduled! Pre-Congress 10.7.2021 and Congress 11-14.7.2021 !
- Venue: Ivan Franko Lviv National University, Universytetska Street 1, Lviv, Ukraine
- Language of congress: English
- Registration: Please register at https://2event.com/uk/events/1855947
- Website: https://adler-congress2020.lviv.ua/
Please, note that all approved presenters have to register to the Congress in the same way as all the other participants and complete their registration by the early bird deadline in order to be included in the Congress program. With questions about registration, please email